Following the very exciting 4:30am power surge(s) yesterday, some folks in our neighborhood are still without power. DWP trucks were parked along Veteran at Brookhaven this morning, presumably working on the problem. Neighbors report varying degrees of damage ranging from fried tankless water heaters and microwaves, to non-functioning outlets and fritzed-out X-boxes. In our house a number of bulbs blew out, outlets fried, and appliances are malfunctioning (including our bedroom ceiling fan which is stuck on high). All things considered, though, we are OK. I spoke with the DWP and they said that a high voltage cable came down and hit a main cable and things went on from there. You can call the DWP to get a reimbursement claim form for your damage and repair. I'll post a copy here when I receive mine in the mail. Here's hoping they make good!